Related Tools & Tips:
Transport Best Practices: A 7-Part Webinar Series
At its most basic level, transporting animals is based on supply and demand. However, there is much to consider if you want a transport program that will benefit animals, communities, adopters, and source and destination organizations.
The Society of Animal Welfare Administrators (SAWA) released a comprehensive best-practice document in June, 2016, that outlined optimum ways to design and manage a transport program. The framers of these transport guidelines, members of SAWA’s Best Practices & Emerging Trends Committee, present an in-depth, seven-part webinar series that will show you how to conduct transports.
Register for Each Webinar or Watch the Webinar Recording
- Introduction to Transport Best Practices: Wednesday, December 7
- Is Transport Right for Your Agency and Community?: January 4
- Building Relationships in Transport Programs: January 25
- Ensuring a Bon Voyage for Transported Animals: February 15
- Animal Transport: Vaccinations, Funding & Goals: March 8
- How to Transport Cats: March 29
- Q & A: Transport Best Practices: April 5
Webinars will occur on Wednesdays from 3-4 p.m. ET. They will be recorded and available online afterwards.
Each webinar has been approved by CAWA for one hour of CE, for a total of seven hours.
- Download the SAWA Companion Animal Transport document, templates and tools.
- SAWA Companion Animal Transport Best Practices
- Exhibit B Transport Census Spreadsheet
- Exhibit C Funding Transport Cost Estimation
- Transport Checklist
Photo courtesy of SAWA