Strategic Cause Partnerships
Special Cat Helps Special Needs Pets
Lil BUB was discovered as the runt of a feral litter in a tool shed in rural Indiana. Since then, she has overcome great challenges and is now a published author, talk show host and movie star – and she has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for animals in need.
Since Lil BUB's BIG Fund for the ASPCA was created in February 2014, more than $200,000 has been raised to help special needs pets across the country. All funds collected are distributed as grants to organizations to support cats and dogs that need special care or extra help getting adopted due to conditions such as blindness, deafness, physical disabilities, birth defects, chronic illnesses, or old age.
Eligible grant recipients may include, but are not limited to, the following projects that support special needs pets:
- Emergency and ongoing veterinary or medical care
- Physical and behavioral rehabilitation
- Hospice and sanctuary care
- Shelter enrichment
- Foster programs
- Adoption events and adoption make-ready costs
- Relocation programs to improve adoptability
- Safety net programs for owned cats to reduce pet relinquishment and to keep families together
- Costs associated with emergencies, disasters, or cruelty responses
Lil BUB's BIG Fund for the ASPCA is open for applications two or three times per year. Please visit ASPCApro.org/grants regularly or subscribe to the ASPCApro enewsletter to learn more about how and when to apply for this program. Read this press release announcing the latest 29 grantees.
Lil BUB's BIG Fund has helped with success stories like these: