Related Tools & Tips:
ASPCA Cornell Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference
Robert Purcell Community Center
107 Jessup Road, Ithaca, NY 14853
The ASPCA Cornell Maddie's® Shelter Medicine Conference, now in its 14th year, provides highly relevant information designed to enhance quality of life for shelter animals and the professionals who work with them.
Presentations are given over the course of 2 ½ days by speakers in four tracks: DVM, LVT, Management, and Staff & Volunteers.
This year’s conference will feature 41 workshops on topics that include:
- Behavioral pharmacology
- Orthopedic surgery in a shelter setting
- Animal cruelty law (including a mock trial on cruelty investigation)
- Animal fighting
- Equine welfare
- Basic care of wildlife
- Basic care of reptiles
- Infectious disease outbreak
- Social media and marketing
- Humane education programs and camps
- Burnout in the animal shelter
- Customer service for social change
The entire program has been pre-approved for Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) and New York State Education Department (NYSED) continuing education credits. Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) continuing education credits are pending. See details below.
The conference begins Friday evening, July 28 with a keynote presentation and welcome reception and ends Sunday, July 31.
Approved Continuing Education (CE) Credits for the Shelter Medicine Conference
- Certified Animal Welfare Administrator (CAWA) has approved the entire conference for CE credits.
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) has approved 7 workshops for CE credits. (Staff/Volunteer Track: #4, #8,#12, #16; DVM Track #13, #17, #21)
- Pending CE approval from the Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) and New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Sponsorship/Tables at Exhibit Hall
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cathy Rosenthal at 512.358.4515.