ASPCA BeeBee Appel Scholarship Program
The ASPCA will be providing travel scholarships of up to $500 each to select organizations for the ASPCA Cornell Maddie’s® Shelter Medicine Conference to be held at Cornell University, July 28-31, 2017. This scholarship program is made in honor of Dr. Leslie Appel, founder and executive director of Shelter Outreach Services, and a champion for the field of shelter medicine. Dr. Appel requested that the scholarship program be named for her beloved adopted dog BeeBee.
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is limited to the first 25 applications. The application opens at 10 am ET on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, and closes at 5 pm ET on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 (or sooner upon receipt of 25 applications). You must apply through the online system.
Registration for the ASPCA Cornell Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Conference opens March 16, 2017. If you apply for a BeeBee Appel grant, please hold off on registering for the conference until you receive word of grant approval. If you have questions, please contact Cathy.Rosenthal@aspca.org.
- Organization must be an established U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit or governmental organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service, AND
- Organization must be in good standing with the ASPCA, including no overdue requirements/reports from previous grants
- Grants will only be made to organizations – not to individuals
- The grant, if awarded, may only go toward travel, local transportation, and hotel costs.
- Conference registration will be waived for grant recipients. If you are applying for a grant, please wait and do not register for the conference before you receive notification from the ASPCA as to whether you are a grant recipient. If you register outside of the special process arranged for recipients, you will have been deemed to have forfeited your conference registration fee waiver. The ASPCA will not reimburse fees if individual(s) register outside of the special process arranged for recipients.
- Waived conference registration fees may not exceed $200 per organization, regardless of the number of attendees on the scholarship.
- Grant funds may not be used for meals.
How to Apply
Please fill out and submit the short online application:
- Application will open on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 10 am ET.
- Application will close on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 5 pm ET, or upon receipt of 25 applications, whichever is sooner.
If you try accessing this application before or after this window, you will get an error message.
Funding decisions are expected to be made by Monday, April 10, 2017.
For questions about this program or about the conference, please contact Cathy Rosenthal (email@example.com). For application submission inquiries/technical difficulties, please contact the ASPCA Grants team.