ASPCA Los Angeles Relocation Incentive Program (Solicitation Only)
Special Opportunity for ASPCA LA Relocation Destination Partners
The ASPCA Relocation Team supports nonprofit organizations and public agencies dedicated to the safe, humane, and efficient relocation of animals to help increase lives saved.
To encourage the relocation of higher-risk animals from Los Angeles to areas where they have more opportunities to be adopted, the ASPCA is providing incentive funds for higher-risk animals received by ASPCA Los Angeles Relocation Partner destination shelters.
- Must be an approved ASPCA Los Angeles Relocation Partner destination shelter*;
- Must be an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit or governmental organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service; and
- Must be in good standing with the ASPCA, including no overdue requirements from previous grants
* Please note that we currently are not considering adding new ASPCA Los Angeles Relocation destination shelter partners.
Incentive funds will be provided to eligible and pre-approved relocation partners according to the following schedule:
Felines – unaltered (must be altered at the Destination shelter)
Felines – previously altered
Pit bull or pit bull mix
Only the above animals from an ASPCA Los Angeles Source Partner shelter are eligible for this grant.
Funding may be used for any of the following:
- Make-ready for adoption, including spay/neuter
- Other medical costs
- Costs associated with general care and housing, including in-house and foster-based
- Waiving of adoption fees
- Adoption marketing/promotions
- Transportation costs
The grant amount will range depending on the anticipated number of animals to be received within the timeframe covered by the application, and per the above table. The ASPCA reserves the right to provide smaller amounts than requested depending on available funding. Grants will only be provided until funding for this program is depleted.
Applicants may be invited to apply more than once between March 1, 2017 and November 1, 2017, provided they have met all requirements of the previous grant award and funding is still available.
How to Apply
- If you are currently a Los Angeles Relocation Partner, you must first request and receive pre-approval from the ASPCA Relocation Team by emailing Lea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, click on the link below to complete and submit your online application:
- Applicants should have the following information handy for the application:
- Your organization's Federal Tax ID/Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Most recent Form 990
For questions about this Program, please contact Lea.Lucky@aspca.org. For application submission inquiries/technical difficulties, please contact the ASPCA Grants team. Usual ASPCA guidelines and reporting apply.